This post may contain *affiliate links. For more information please see our Disclosure Policy
Are you a bricks-and-mortar business? Aside from people walking past your door, how do you rely on people finding you? Yellow Pages are no longer where people go when they want to find somewhere. The Yellow Pages is now called Google so in order to grow your business and get your premises noticed, you should seriously consider creating a website. Below are eight reasons why your business is already suffering without it.
Remember when all people asked for was business cards, leaflets and brochures? Granted they are still asked for now but if you attended a networking event empty handed, that was exactly how you were going to leave; with nothing. Advertising is still the rage and people do take business cards, but there is one difference – the content on the card has changed. Traditional addresses have been replaced by website addresses and telephone numbers by email.
My Business Needs a Website Now!
Still on the fence about a website? It’s time to hop off, and here’s why:
- You are out of the loop and just like no one would give you a second thought if you didn’t have a card or brochure when they find out you donít have a website for your business, they will do the same.
- A website is one of the best advertising tools you can get. While you have all those brochures, flyers, business cards and ads already, make them perform double duty by adding your website address to them. People can share your information with potential customers who are not local so they can see what you are offering as well as having an easy place to create a mailing list.
- Your business is never closed and just like those diners what are ‘Open All Night’ you are as well, but without the need to actually be awake for it! Potential customers can find helpful information any time of the day or night. If you have an e-commerce store set up, they can also make a purchase while you sleep!
- Pay more attention to making money instead of answering the same question for the umpteenth time over the phone or through email. Adding an FAQ page on your website is one of the best things you will ever do!
- Save money in the long run. Yes, you will save money even if you pay a professional to handle the set-up of your site. Over time, the monthly cost will decrease as your business increases.
brandand credibility. A business that invests in a website shows a commitment to building the business. You can create a logo and a brand for all to see, while being seen as a professional in your industry. Compelling content that is fresh also builds reputation and credibility.
- Updates are easy. Want customers to know about a new product line? an event you are holding or a special offer? Advertise on your website. This makes email marketing easy because you don’t have to fill your copy with the information they can find on your site. Simply plug the new stuff and direct them to the landing page.
- Customers multiply like rabbits. A website has a worldwide audience. Instead of just those who live locally, you can reach people all around the world. Everyone who might be interested in what you have to offer can find you.
So what are you waiting for? That website won’t build itself (but I can do it for you!) 😉